(serves for 6 people)
Jambalaya can be prepared with seafood or chicken, but the bases are strong creole spices and special dazzling and smoked induol sausage, and since it contains pork, I replaced it with smoked meat or chicken sausage and added more creole spices.
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
– 225 gr Frankfurter sausage, cut into slices 1/2 cm thick
Small red or green pepper, finely chopped
Average 2 x 3 cm
– medium onion, coarsely minced
2 celery sticks cut into medium pieces 3cm-4cm
3-4 large cloves of garlic, grated
1 tablespoon creole spices (recipe below)
– a spoonful of salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1 large tomato, peeled, seeds removed and cut into 3/4 cup
– 1 teaspoon chili pepper sauce (spicy)
– 120 gr of cleaned shrimp, about 200 gr with skins
– 225 gr of cut fish fillet (hamour)
Average cup (2 cm3)
– Daphnia Leaf
1 1/2 cup long grain American rice
– 3 glasses of water
– 300 gr of boiled mollusks, holding half a glass of boiling water
– 1/2 1 teaspoon ﭙ Africa
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
-1/2 teaspoon red pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
1-2 tablespoons hot sauce, or to taste
1. Mix the sausage in the butter over high heat until it gets a little red in color.
2. Add red pepper, onion, celery, garlic, spices, black pepper and salt and stir until the vegetables are fried (caramelized).
3. Add and stir the tomato with the shrimp, fish and bay leaf.
4. Add the rice and stir gently, then add the water and stir so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot. We also grind the ingredients to stick to the bottom of the pot. Add a teaspoon of hot sauce, adjust the taste according to taste.
5. Boil the rice to absorb some of the water, then cover and simmer for 25 minutes. It is preferable to place a piece of metal at the bottom of the pot.
6. Set aside a few grains and mix the rest of the snails in the rice with 1/2 cup of the snails boiling water, cover the pot and leave the rice on very low heat for another 5 minutes.
7. To serve, pour the jam into serving dishes, mix 4/3 of the green onions, garnish with the grown snails and sprinkle with the hot sauce and remaining onions.
Fish and snails can be replaced with chicken breast cut into medium pieces (1 cm x 2 cm) and for more flavor, rub the chicken pieces with a teaspoon of creole spices, a teaspoon of crushed garlic and 1/2 tablespoon tea hot sauce and leave for 30 minutes, then grill, chop and toss the shrimp rice in step -3.