Avocados can be one of the most controversial fruits among humans. Although it belongs to the fruit, its taste is not sweet and it is rich in fats and elements that are not found in all plants.
Do not try to eat avocados like apples or pears, but accept that they are a social fruit that does not like loneliness and highlights the taste and aroma of the foods that accompany it and make it better.
Avocados are widely cultivated in South and Central America and only after people began to distinguish between harmful fats and beneficial fats did they gain their current popularity and fame. Despite this recent global popularity, there is still a mystery about the high fat content of avocados and the relatively low calorie content.
Fats in avocados
All you need to know and be sure about in this regard is that the fats contained in avocados are unsaturated fats, which means that they are friendly to the heart and circulatory system and can lead to increased levels of beneficial HDL cholesterol in the blood and lowering the level of harmful LDL cholesterol. Believe it or not, avocados can contribute to reducing the fat accumulated around the pelvis, or what is popularly called “rumen”.
Avocado and fiber
Avocado is a fiber-rich fruit that improves digestion and helps relieve constipation and prevent weight gain and bloating.
calories in avocado
In general, the content of a medium avocado can be estimated at 322 calories and this number may seem high at first, but should be taken into account in terms of portion or amount eaten by a person. It is rare or difficult for a person to eat a whole avocado on their own and in one meal. This is due to the association of the avocado with other foods, and this leads to eating a portion of the fruit alone, not eating it whole.
Nutrition centers recommend eating only one-third of an avocado at a meal and with a simple arithmetic process, and estimating the amount a person eats only one avocado, even if it exceeds the amount. The amount of calories a person eats makes no more than 160 calories, which is an acceptable number.
Nutrients in avocado
Quantity in an avocado
In addition to these basic elements, avocado is rich in potassium, as can banana, which contains 422 mg in terms of content of this mineral, as each avocado contains 488 mg of it. Avocados are also rich in vitamin K, which is important for bone and skeletal health, as an average avocado contains 7% of your daily requirement for this vitamin. It also contains 8% of the body’s daily requirement for folate or vitamin B6, which is important for all bodily functions, especially for women who are pregnant or planning to have children.
The best way to eat avocado
Guacamole is one of the most famous drinks in the world and is enjoyed by millions of people with tortilla chips or other dishes, such as some types of sandwiches. It is a favorite of vegetarians because it contains fats that are missing from their diets without the need for an animal source.
To make guacamole, we need the following ingredients:
- A large avocado or a medium-sized avocado
- Sour lemon juice
- Medium red onion
- A medium tomato
- pinch of salt
- year of garlic
- Remove the avocado skin and pulp and grate it in a deep bowl
- Crush the garlic and place in the bowl with the avocado
- Finely chop the tomatoes and onions and add them to the bowl
- Add lemon juice and salt
- Mix the ingredients well
- The result should be similar to the texture of baba ghanoush (with eggplant spices).
- It is eaten by dipping it in toasted potatoes or tortillas
- Can be added to a potato sandwich, boiled or grilled chicken breast
Avocado and honey
Avocados can be mixed with sweet flavors and in this case taste like butter. This recipe requires no ingredients and method. You can chop the peeled avocado, add the honey you like and the amount you want, eat the mixture with either bread or spoon and enjoy the rich taste and superior benefits of honey and avocado.
Ice cream with avocado
Avocado has a creamy texture that is suitable for making ice cream or ice cream, and can also be mixed with other types of fruit or flavors to get numerous and delicious types of ice cream. We will mention one of the ways to make ice cream using avocado, and you can diversify and invent it according to what you see fit or according to your favorite fruit.
- A large ripe avocado.
- A cup of strawberries or strawberries.
- Two tablespoons of honey.
- Half a cup of milk.
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla.
- Peel an avocado and grate it.
- Put the avocado, strawberries and milk in the blender.
- When the mass is mixed and becomes creamy, add the honey, then add the vanilla and turn off the mixer.
- Place the mixture in a pan of medium depth.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least two hours.
- The mixing balls can then be taken and placed in ice cream cups.
- Garnish the glasses with sliced strawberries or mint leaves.
This recipe may be similar to guacamole with a slight change in ingredients.
- A great avocado
- large tomatoes
- large onion
- bouquet of green coriander
- sour lemon
- pinch of salt
- tablespoons olive oil
- Peel an avocado and grate it and cut it into cubes instead.
- Chop the onion and tomato.
- Cut the green coriander.
- Mix the ingredients together and add the juice of one lemon, salt and olive oil.
- Be careful not to grind avocado pieces, so it is preferable that the seeds used are not too ripe.